Starting solids
Yup, I had just begun to start my solid since last week, every nite mummy will put a scoop of cereals together with my milk and I will drink till I make zuk zuk sound, :P.
Just yesterday morning, mummy make me some brown rice cereals mix with milk and feed me. I do enjoy the feeding session and when mummy stopped feeding, I actually cried to have more! Mummy think I should not be feeding so much in one short as I only just started, so she popped me with milk.
How to tell when I am ready for solids: http://www.heinzbaby.com/english/solid/
Baby is ready for solid food around 6 months. Talk to your doctor about when to start. Look for these signs that your baby is ready:
Weight gain has slowed compared to previous weeks
- Sort of
They do not sleep through the night
- True, I was able to sleep thru previously till recently i have been giving mummy and daddy morning call abt 3am for more milk milk
They are not satisfied with only breast milk and formula
- Yup
They are able to hold their head up and chewing movements have begun
- Yup
Physical & Social Development Signs
Raises his body off the ground in a little baby push-up
- Yup
Recognizes familiar faces, enjoys attention
- Yup
Looks for source of noises
- Yup
Chewing movements begin
- Yup
Tongue moves back and forth
- Sort of
Able to hold head up to take solids
- Sort of
Feeding Tips
Babies need a supplemental source of iron starting around 4 to 6 months, as their iron stores are beginning to deplete
Good solids for this stage include rice cereal, single (unmixed) vegetables and fruit
Rice cereal is recommended as the very first step, as it is least likely to provoke an allergy
Start with ½ to 1 teaspoon of cereal mixed with breast milk or formula once or twice a day. Gradually increase to 3 teaspoons or until your baby is full
Start with a thin, slurry mixture and gradually thicken as your baby gets older
Solids should be fed mixed with breast milk or formula in a spoon, not in the bottle
Do not add sugar to baby cereals
Introduce vegetables 2-3 weeks after you start giving him cereal, then fruit 2-3 weeks after that
Your baby may react negatively to a new food, but will probably accept it later
Introduce one food at a time, and wait 3-5 days between introducing new foods. This will let you see if baby is allergic to any new foods
Let your baby's appetite be your guide. If she closes her mouth, scowls, turn her head or cries, she is indicating that she has had enough to eat
Currently mummy is reading Super Baby Food -
http://www.superbabyfood.com/
and she is waiting for this book called First Foods (Asian Version) - http://www.marshallcavendish.com/marshallcavendish/genref/redirector.xml?url=/marshallcavendish/genref/sg/catalogue/general_title/parenting/981261334X.xml
to arrive as currently there is no stock. Stocks only available end May and she already got the publisher to put her on waiting list.
Just yesterday morning, mummy make me some brown rice cereals mix with milk and feed me. I do enjoy the feeding session and when mummy stopped feeding, I actually cried to have more! Mummy think I should not be feeding so much in one short as I only just started, so she popped me with milk.
How to tell when I am ready for solids: http://www.heinzbaby.com/english/solid/
Baby is ready for solid food around 6 months. Talk to your doctor about when to start. Look for these signs that your baby is ready:
Weight gain has slowed compared to previous weeks
- Sort of
They do not sleep through the night
- True, I was able to sleep thru previously till recently i have been giving mummy and daddy morning call abt 3am for more milk milk
They are not satisfied with only breast milk and formula
- Yup
They are able to hold their head up and chewing movements have begun
- Yup
Physical & Social Development Signs
Raises his body off the ground in a little baby push-up
- Yup
Recognizes familiar faces, enjoys attention
- Yup
Looks for source of noises
- Yup
Chewing movements begin
- Yup
Tongue moves back and forth
- Sort of
Able to hold head up to take solids
- Sort of
Feeding Tips
Babies need a supplemental source of iron starting around 4 to 6 months, as their iron stores are beginning to deplete
Good solids for this stage include rice cereal, single (unmixed) vegetables and fruit
Rice cereal is recommended as the very first step, as it is least likely to provoke an allergy
Start with ½ to 1 teaspoon of cereal mixed with breast milk or formula once or twice a day. Gradually increase to 3 teaspoons or until your baby is full
Start with a thin, slurry mixture and gradually thicken as your baby gets older
Solids should be fed mixed with breast milk or formula in a spoon, not in the bottle
Do not add sugar to baby cereals
Introduce vegetables 2-3 weeks after you start giving him cereal, then fruit 2-3 weeks after that
Your baby may react negatively to a new food, but will probably accept it later
Introduce one food at a time, and wait 3-5 days between introducing new foods. This will let you see if baby is allergic to any new foods
Let your baby's appetite be your guide. If she closes her mouth, scowls, turn her head or cries, she is indicating that she has had enough to eat
Currently mummy is reading Super Baby Food -
http://www.superbabyfood.com/
and she is waiting for this book called First Foods (Asian Version) - http://www.marshallcavendish.com/marshallcavendish/genref/redirector.xml?url=/marshallcavendish/genref/sg/catalogue/general_title/parenting/981261334X.xml
to arrive as currently there is no stock. Stocks only available end May and she already got the publisher to put her on waiting list.




1 Comments:
u just brought back memories of what i did when I had my 1st baby...everything was so accordance to the book and so eager to read everything abt baby!
keep it up!
By
Blessed mum, At
May 15, 2008 at 12:13 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home