My birth story dated 6/7 Dec 2007
Here is the birth story of me:
The D-Day
06 Dec 2007 – Check in hospital day
Mummy double check her bag to make sure she had bring what she need in the hospital for the next 2-3 days.
Daddy reached home after work and both of them rest for the next few hours before going to hospital. Daddy was worried mummy may get hungry in the night so they went to have roti prata at their favourite Upper Thomson’s famous Indian shop.
1130pm – Reach hospital, daddy doing the admission and mummy was led by the nurse to delivery suite for induction.
07 Dec 2007
12am to 1am – Mummy was on CTG. Daddy had gone home for the night.
From this time onwards, mummy couldn’t sleep because of the ongoing contractions and almost once every half an hour, mummy had to go to the loo for peeing sessions.
430am – Her mucus plug dropped.
515am – Mummy thought her water bag burst, so she asked daddy to rush to hospital. After a check, the nurse told mummy her water bag still intact. By then, the contractions were slightly too much for mummy to take.
6am – Daddy reached hospital.
8am – Nurse came and insert emma for mummy to clear all her bowels clean. And she done a VE for mummy – she is 2.5cm dilated and cervix is thinner and thinner.
815am – Gynae called the nurse to give mummy something to eat.
830am – Breakfast came but mummy simply too painful to finish it.
915am – Gynae came, burst the waterbag. Dash of water start to flow out.
945am – Mummy was given epidural and she can sleep for a few hours peacefully then because of the pain relieve from epidural.
12noon – Nurse came and done the VE on mummy – she is 4cm dilated.
1pm – Gynae came and check on mummy.
2pm – Nurse came and done the VE on mummy – she is 5cm dilated!!
315pm – Mummy was moved to birth room to await for my arrival.
420pm – Contractions were too strong and mummy start to push a bit.
Pain, push, pain, push till 6plus, mummy was too exhausted and nurse called gynae for help.
640pm – Gynae came and help mummy with the delivery.
650pm – I’m out to see the world, ya! Nurse start to clean me up, weigh me too. I’m a 3.345kg baby and I’m 52cm long, everyone commented that I have long arms and legs. Hey, I am just merely followed my not short parents, ok! I was then carried to mummy and mummy kissed me on my forehead. Daddy was busy taking pictures of me while the gynae is stitching mummy’s wound. In the birth room, mummy was saying I’m notty little baby who keep idling inside her tummy and take my own sweet to come out, :P. Nurses say I’m a joker baby, haha! Oh ya, did I tell you folks that mummy had been thinking of food all the while? Reason being is that she had not take any meal since breakfast and she is not allowed to have it till after I’m delivered. While she was pushing me, her mind keep thinking of “I want food, I want food!”
8pm – Mummy carried me into her arms and we were pushed to our respective rooms, I will be staying in the nursery room while mummy had a rest in her own room. Mummy was too tired to feed breastmilk to me, so she told the nurse to give me Similac formula milk just for that night. She will latch me with breastmilk from second day onwards.
830pm onwards – mummy was busy talking on the phone with grandma, aunt patsy and aunt su ping (Daddy’s cousin in law). Then she received sms from 2 of her friends from forum that they also delivered on the same day as mummy in the same hospital. Wonder if my mummy will be discharged on the same day as them or not….
11pm – I had a bath and nurse pushed my baby cart to see mummy. Daddy had seen me already. Naturally, of course mummy is happy to see me la!
After that, mummy want to rest but she can’t sleep in certain hours… Poor mummy! She is trying to get some sleep if she can as there are some friends and relative are coming to visit her the next day and of course, me! Hey, I’m the main star ok!
The D-Day
06 Dec 2007 – Check in hospital day
Mummy double check her bag to make sure she had bring what she need in the hospital for the next 2-3 days.
Daddy reached home after work and both of them rest for the next few hours before going to hospital. Daddy was worried mummy may get hungry in the night so they went to have roti prata at their favourite Upper Thomson’s famous Indian shop.
1130pm – Reach hospital, daddy doing the admission and mummy was led by the nurse to delivery suite for induction.
07 Dec 2007
12am to 1am – Mummy was on CTG. Daddy had gone home for the night.
From this time onwards, mummy couldn’t sleep because of the ongoing contractions and almost once every half an hour, mummy had to go to the loo for peeing sessions.
430am – Her mucus plug dropped.
515am – Mummy thought her water bag burst, so she asked daddy to rush to hospital. After a check, the nurse told mummy her water bag still intact. By then, the contractions were slightly too much for mummy to take.
6am – Daddy reached hospital.
8am – Nurse came and insert emma for mummy to clear all her bowels clean. And she done a VE for mummy – she is 2.5cm dilated and cervix is thinner and thinner.
815am – Gynae called the nurse to give mummy something to eat.
830am – Breakfast came but mummy simply too painful to finish it.
915am – Gynae came, burst the waterbag. Dash of water start to flow out.
945am – Mummy was given epidural and she can sleep for a few hours peacefully then because of the pain relieve from epidural.
12noon – Nurse came and done the VE on mummy – she is 4cm dilated.
1pm – Gynae came and check on mummy.
2pm – Nurse came and done the VE on mummy – she is 5cm dilated!!
315pm – Mummy was moved to birth room to await for my arrival.
420pm – Contractions were too strong and mummy start to push a bit.
Pain, push, pain, push till 6plus, mummy was too exhausted and nurse called gynae for help.
640pm – Gynae came and help mummy with the delivery.
650pm – I’m out to see the world, ya! Nurse start to clean me up, weigh me too. I’m a 3.345kg baby and I’m 52cm long, everyone commented that I have long arms and legs. Hey, I am just merely followed my not short parents, ok! I was then carried to mummy and mummy kissed me on my forehead. Daddy was busy taking pictures of me while the gynae is stitching mummy’s wound. In the birth room, mummy was saying I’m notty little baby who keep idling inside her tummy and take my own sweet to come out, :P. Nurses say I’m a joker baby, haha! Oh ya, did I tell you folks that mummy had been thinking of food all the while? Reason being is that she had not take any meal since breakfast and she is not allowed to have it till after I’m delivered. While she was pushing me, her mind keep thinking of “I want food, I want food!”
8pm – Mummy carried me into her arms and we were pushed to our respective rooms, I will be staying in the nursery room while mummy had a rest in her own room. Mummy was too tired to feed breastmilk to me, so she told the nurse to give me Similac formula milk just for that night. She will latch me with breastmilk from second day onwards.
830pm onwards – mummy was busy talking on the phone with grandma, aunt patsy and aunt su ping (Daddy’s cousin in law). Then she received sms from 2 of her friends from forum that they also delivered on the same day as mummy in the same hospital. Wonder if my mummy will be discharged on the same day as them or not….
11pm – I had a bath and nurse pushed my baby cart to see mummy. Daddy had seen me already. Naturally, of course mummy is happy to see me la!
After that, mummy want to rest but she can’t sleep in certain hours… Poor mummy! She is trying to get some sleep if she can as there are some friends and relative are coming to visit her the next day and of course, me! Hey, I’m the main star ok!




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home